Sunday, May 6, 2007

Microsoft Vista Review: It sucks !!!!!

Note: I am trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I installed Microsoft Vista two days ago and I'm already sick of it. I can't count the number of times its annoyed and frustrated me. This is perhaps the worst operating system i have ever used.

Please note that my machine spec isn't all that bad (1.5Gb Ram, T2400 1.83GHz Processor)
Installation procedure: Upgrade.

Here are some of my experiences,
- Ok, when you first look at it, it looks good ! They have done a pretty good job of *trying* to look like Mac. That is what drove me to install it. But don't be deceived!!!
- A simple right click is so unpredictable. If it does decide to appear, it appears in what seems like hours.. ok not hours but at least ~40-50 seconds - Not acceptable
- Out of the 6 times i have booted my machine, on two occasions the desktop rendering was weird. The icons had disappeared and there was no task bar.
- I have administrator privileges. On several times it displayed a dialog box stating that i have no privileges to access files on my disk. Ok, this was experienced while installing MS Office 2007 :)
- If i enable all the goodies and animations overall performance suffers drastically. I have now removed all of its fancy graphics and animation.


To top it all, its soo difficult to uninstall. I am now in the process of reformatting my machine and reverting back to XP.

Recommendation: STAY AWAY !!!

No comments:

Search This Blog